Video games are more popular than ever. There are games for every age, interest, and skill level. And with so many choices, it can be difficult to know which games are worth your time and money. In 2018, kids now had various options when it came to video games, including family-friendly titles and games for older audiences. While it’s important to limit screen time, video games can be a lot of fun if you balance playing them in moderation with other activities.
Video games are one of the most popular pastimes of today’s youth, and the video gaming world has become exponentially larger over the past decade. With new modes of gaming being released on a yearly basis, it can be tough to keep track of all of the upcoming releases. So, we’ve made it easy for you by compiling the top video games released in 2022.
- Weird West. The weird west draws images in your head of gunslingers, cowboys and Indians, and sheriffs, but this year the new video game Weird West will give you a different kind of adventure. The weird west draw images in your head of gunslingers, cowboys, Indians, and sheriffs, but this year the new video game Weird West will give you a different kind of adventure. Developed by Blue Wizard Digital, Weird West is an action video game that will put you in the wild west from the 1830s. The game is set during the American frontier, and you will have to help the main character with his quest for revenge while defeating various enemies.
- Ghostwire Tokyo. The Ghostwire Tokyo video game series was one of Capcom’s projects during the 2020s. It was intended to be an episodic game, but only three episodes were released. In 2022, Capcom will release the fourth episode, which will extend the story. Ghostwire Tokyo is set in a similar world as Resident Evil 5, 6, and 7 but focuses on a different group of characters.
- Tunic. Tunic is a social game with an RPG (role-playing game) theme. The game features a few elements of stealth, like sneaking past guards or disguising yourself, but the focus is mostly on building up your character and leveling up. The game focuses on teamwork and cooperation, encouraging players to craft potions, build buildings, and even complete quests.
- Core Keeper. The Core Keeper is a brand-new game by Ripstone developers, and the upcoming release will have players exploring Simulation, Strategy, and Action genres. Ripstone’s The Core Keeper release date is scheduled for January 10, 2022.
- Rainbow 6 Extraction. Rainbow Six, another popular first-person shooter, appeared for the first time on the Nintendo 64 in 1999. Since then, it has been in the works, and gamers will soon get the chance to experience the new version of the game. Rainbow Six: Extraction, the newest installment in the series, is set to release on February 8, 2022.
- Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves. The Uncharted series has enjoyed a lot of success since its debut. The franchise has spawned many sequels and spin-offs, and while Naughty Dog hasn’t announced a fifth Uncharted game, we can expect another one in a couple of years. In the meantime, here are five other video game releases to look forward to in 2022.
- Pokémon Legends Arceus. While Pokémon was originally released for the Nintendo Game Boy in 1996, it remained one of the bestselling video game franchises of all time. Now, Pokémon Legends: Arceus is a role-playing video game that is set to be released in 2022. The game is set after the events of Pokémon X, Pokémon Y, and Pokémon Sun and Moon, and fans can expect to continue with the Pokémon story.
Whether it’s German chocolate cake or meatloaf, video games are one of the easiest things to bring to a potluck. And video game enthusiasts are sharing their favorite new titles that hit the shelves this year and maybe worth your time and money.
There are many video games out there, and it can be hard to keep up with what’s new and what’s hot. To help you out, we’ve put together this list of the top five video games you should be playing now.